A Guide to Hair Styling and Makeup for your Online Dating Photo Shoot
Online Dating Photo Tips >> Clothes | Makeup | Smiling | Hands | Posing | Wrinkles | Glasses | Eye Contact
Tip 2 - Hair and Makeup in Online Dating Portraits
Please note that under the glare of studio lighting, faces can sometimes appear to be washed out and featureless - this is the reason why it is a good idea to use our Professional Makeup Artist for your photo shoot - this applies to both men and women. Combined with Digital Retouching, the result will be a realistic wow factor portrait of YOU on your BEST day.
- Come to the studio with clean hair, styled to enhance your facial features
- Avoid the use of products that make hair look unnatural and stiff
- Applied hair colour should compliment your complexion
- Avoid extreme hair styles - your hairstyle should not dominate the photos
- Be aware that pulling hair back from your face, can age you
- Use only long-wearing, smudge-proof, waterproof cosmetics.
- Matte foundation and face powder will reduce unflattering shine
- Shimmery and glittery cosmetics will not look good in dating portraits
- Use light to medium colour eye shadows, heavily applied
- Use a more vibrant shade of lipstick than normal for studio portraits
We have produced a DIY Makeup Guide for those of you who wish to apply their own makeup.