Actors Headshot Tips and Advice
Great Headshot Tips > 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Tip 2 - Hair and Makeup for Actors Headshots
Hair and makeup is advisable for both men and women. Unless you have booked our professional makeup artist you should arrive at the studio ready to go with hair ready styled and makeup applied and nails manicured. Well applied makeup should give you a natural look when photographed in the studio. It is advisable to apply makeup one shade heavier than normal to stop your face from looking washed out in the studio photos.
- Wear a heavy layer of translucent powder
- All makeup should have a matt finish, with the possible exception of lip gloss
- Men may need base, concealer, and powder for the shoot
- Hair gel is a great accessory for styling hair and looks great in photos
- Line lips before applying matte lipstick, then reline
- Avoid shimmers, frosts or garish colours.
- Don't be tempted to get a new hair cut just before the shoot
- Do use any untried products on hair or face prior to the photo shoot
- Avoid over-styling the hair as pictures can soon look dated
For those of you who wish to apply your own makeup, have a look at our DIY Makeup Guide for achieving stunning headshots.