'Must Have' Poses for Actors headshots
Actors Headshot Portfolios > Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Babies | Kids | Makeup Examples | Digital Retouching |
Posing Ideas for Studio Headshots
If you've gone to the trouble of booking one of our London headshot photographers you probably have a good idea of what you want the final result to look like. Our advice is to make use of your time in our photo studios and come away with a range of shots, keeping your options open for a variety of casting choices. Remember that Spotlight now allows the use of multiple images - so show your versatility!
Ideas for Headshot Poses
- Commercial and theatrical/film headshots (definitely recommended)
- Shot on a choice of plain backgrounds - white, gray or black are useful
- Formal (Business and Evening wear ) and casual clothes
- Smiling, smiling with teeth and no smile
- In character shots - eg, confident, moody, vulnerable, enigmatic, etc
- All your photos should exhibit engaging eye contact
A combination of the above ideas will lead to a very useful selection of headshots ideal for a variety of uses.
If you have the budget, then using our professional makeup artist is a strongly recommended - for both men and women. digitally retouching is also a great idea.